Quoted from http://www.stacymakescents.com/crock-pot-granola:
Granola in your Slow Cooker
- 5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not the quick oat kind)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed(optional- see note below)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil or butter
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts of your choice
- 1 to 2 cups dried fruit, chocolate chips, or other mix-in of your choice
In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil or butter. Once it has turned into a liquid, mix in the honey.
Mix the oats, flaxseed, coconut, and nuts together in your slow cooker. Add the honey mixture as well as the vanilla and cinnamon. Stir thoroughly.
Allow the granola to cook onlowfor 2-4 hours.Give it a quick stir every half hour or soto keep it from burning around the edges. Leave the lid slightly cracked to allow moisture to escape (this prevents soggy granola).
Cooking times will greatly vary depending on your slow cooker. Mine cooks very hot, so 2 hours was almost too long. As the granola gets closer to being finished, it will have a tendency to burn faster, so keep an eye on it.
Allow to cool, then mix in the dried fruit and/or chocolate chips. Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for several weeks.