-2 cans Pillsbury butter crescent rolls
-2 (8oz) packages cream cheese (softened)
-1 cup sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-1/4 cup butter (melted)
-Cinnamon & sugar (I used about 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tbs cinnamon)Instructions:
Quoted from http://www.recipelion.com/Cookies/Amish-Sugar-Cookies/ct/1:
Amish Sugar Cookies Keep it simple with this recipe for Amish sugar cookies. This is the recipe for best softest sugar cookies. These easy to make cookies are sweet popular treats that work great as Easter cookies, Christmas cookies or simple everyday cookies.Yields: 78Cooking Time:12 min
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar plus extra for stamping
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with kitchen parchment paper or grease lightly.
- In medium bowl, mix together flour, soda, and cream of tartar.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, oil and sugars until completely blended and mixture is creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. Stir in dry ingredients until well blended.
- Drop dough, using a cookie scoop or level measuring tablespoonfuls, on prepared baking sheets. Flatten each ball to 3/8-inch thickness using a cookie stamp or the bottom of a pretty glass dipped in granulated sugar.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned around the edges. Do not overbake. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
Quoted from Cooking Classy
Yields 1 mug cake (about 1 -2 servings)
Ingredients: 2 Tbsp applesauce
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp buttermilk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2 1/2 Tbsp packed light-brown sugar 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 dash ground nutmeg (optional)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp (scant) salt
1 Recipe Cream Cheese Icing, recipe follows
Directions: Prepare Cream Cheese Icing according to directions listed, set aside. Combine all ingredients (minus Cream Cheese Icing) in a mug then whisk together with a fork until combine and nearly smooth. Microwave mixture on high power for 1 minute then check cake for doneness. If it is not fully cooked microwave for an additional 15 seconds. Serve warm topped with Cream Cheese Icing.
Cream Cheese Icing
1 Tbsp Cream Cheese or Neufchatel Cheese, softened 2 Tbsp powdered sugar 1 tsp milk
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk with a fork until smooth.
Drizzle over cake. Enjoy!