Cook Time15 mins
Makes 8 biscuits
- Baking powder biscuit mix or dough from your favorite recipe
- 1/2 cup bran flakes
- 1 cup milk
- Prepare the baking powder biscuit mixture according to the recipe or use a commercial biscuit mixture.
- Add the bran and moisten with the milk.
- Transfer to a pastry board dusted with flour.
- Pat out to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Dip a small biscuit cutter in flour and cut the dough into rounds.
- Transfer to an oiled shallow pan and bake in a very hot oven (450 degrees) for 15 minutes or until the biscuits are brown on top.